Starting a professional career in a completely different industry from the one you currently have could be a daunting task and to many, it’s near impossible.
With CGIA®, you don’t have to worry about meeting entry requirements. You can begin your journey towards CGIA® charter designation with our Foundation-level certification – referred to as the CGIA Foundational Program – CFP®.
This foundational module is perfectly designed for you, especially if you are new to finance and investment. You’ll be starting at the right level to suit your ability and develop motivation for the main CGIA® modules.
Who should take CFP®?
Whether you’re just starting a career in financial services or want to learn essential industry concepts, CFP® offers an accessible solution for breaking through the complexities of the global investment industry and raising your professional profile.
The CFP® is designed to prepare candidates who are new to finance and investment. It’s developed to introduce candidates to basic concepts and knowledge that are fundamental to studying for the CGIA® qualification.
It will help candidates to have a shared understanding of the finance and investment industry and to develop confidence.
What will you learn?
CFP® covers 4 modules as indicated below. Successful candidates will be awarded with the CFP® certificate of completion by the CGIA®
Capital Markets Fundamentals
- The CFP® is an online self-study certification program to introduce candidates who are new to the financial services and investment industry to basic concepts and knowledge tests on relevant topics. These topics are fundamental to studying for the CGIA® qualification.
- Registered candidates will require approximately 80 hours of study and the program can be completed within 4 months
- Candidates will take a two-hour multiple choice exam at an assigned CGIA® exam center. This exam is purely online.
- The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions and is a computer-based exam
- CFP® program of study and exam are conduced only in English and there are no qualifications or experience required to undertake the CFP®
- Successful candidates will be awarded with the CFP® certificate of completion by the CGIA®
The CFP® exam is a computer-based, two-hour multiple choice test designed to cover all the 4 modules. i.e. Investment Fundamentals, Economics Fundamentals, Capital Markets Fundamentals and Quantitative Analysis.
The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions detailed as follows:
Investment Fundamentals – 25 questions for 100 marks
Economics Fundamentals – 25 questions for 100 marks
Capital Markets Fundamentals – 25 questions for 100 marks
Quantitative Analysis – 25 questions for 100 marks
The total scores for the CFP® exam is 400 marks
The program is for a one-time fee of US$185 and comprises the following:
- Program registration fee
- Program modules and study materials (e-materials)
- Online tutorials
- Exam fees
CFP® preliminary results will be available to candidates on the screen after submitting answered questions. However, official result from CGIA® will be available in MyCGIA and also via email within 7 working days.